Monday 4 August 2014


A digital guide of what the print looked like



Signing my edition at Print Club



The print on display at Somerset House

FILM 4 x SOMERSET HOUSE x PRINT CLUB- SUMMER SCREEN PRINTS

I was asked to design a screen print for the Print Club exhibition at Somerset House, 16 artists were given a film to create an alternative poster for. I was very lucky to get E.T as my film! 


I was given the film that was chosen in the public vote, and was so happy when I found out that E.T had been picked. I clearly remember watching it as a kid, and it really affecting me even then. 
I re-watched the film, and decided to focus on the scene where E.T leaves to go home. I suppose in my print you are watching the scene from the viewpoint of Elliot’s mother in the film.
My print is about saying goodbye to people- I felt the phrase ‘I’ll be right here’ was a really poignant way of doing so.

The print was available to buy from Somerset House and Print Club in an addition of 200. Unfortunately (or fortunately) mine sold out in four days! Here are some pics of the show:









No comments:

Post a Comment